This post contains affiliate links, please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Easy homemade waffles can be made in less than 20 minutes!
You don’t feel like cooking breakfast but you and the family are hungry. You may be tempted to load up the car and head to a restaurant, this will cost you too much money. Try this easy waffle recipe instead. It’s quick, it’s easy, budget friendly and vegan friendly if made with the right substitutes.
2 cups of this Bisquick
1 cup of Milk or Almond Milk
1 Egg or egg substitute
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Strawberries or seasonal fruit of your choice
You will need:
Manual: bowl, whisk, measuring cups, plates, utensils, pan
- Add the Bisquick, Milk, egg, and oil into a large bowl and whisk together until the batter is smooth. If you have a mixer, allow the mixer to do the whisking for you. We have a Kitchen Aid that is great for these recipes.
- Pull out your waffle maker, if you don’t have one, no problem- use the batter to make pancakes. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on the center of the waffle maker and close or if you are making pancakes pour the batter into a lightly greased or non-stick pan, set to low-medium heat. Do not cook pancakes on high heat.
- Most waffle irons have an automatic setting, so just heat to that specific setting and plate the waffles. If you are making pancakes cook the batter until it bubbles up on the top, then flip and allow the pancake to finish cooking through out.
- Add fruit and enjoy. It’s really that easy and takes less than 20 minutes. Serves 3-4 people.
- Add blueberries directly to the batter once it’s on the waffle iron, for blueberry waffles.
- Add cinnamon and bananas for a fun twist.
Do you have any special topping you add to your waffles? Share below.
*Recipe adapted from the back of Bisquick box.
Subscribe for more damn good budget meals.
QUICK AND EASY RECIPES TO SAVE YOU TIME