Happy New Year! It’s January and you may be fasting or juicing or cleansing but I’m not.
I’m trying to eat regular meals and get dinner on the table quickly.
Of course, I want the meal to be nourishing but spending hours in the kitchen is not an option. I have an 8-month-old who demands my attention.
While I was searching for creative meals I could get on the table fast, I came across different variations of this chicken broccoli alfredo meal. It’s quick, easy, and budget-friendly. I think you’ll love it.
Stuffing the shells were a bit of a labor of love, but I enjoyed the process. I used mommy magic and almost completed stuffing every shell during nap time, but during the last few shells, she must have sensed me trying to get something done because she woke up. 😉
The final product was a tasty pasta that was filling and did not leave me feeling heavy. I enjoyed the process and the meal.
CHICKEN & BROCCOLI ALFREDO
- 2 Chicken breast
- Alfredo Sauce (make your own if you like, mine was store bought)
- Cheese (optional)
- Jumbo shells or pasta of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook Chicken (I cooked mine in a crockpot the night before)
- Steam Broccoli for 10 minutes (I used a frozen bag of broccoli)
- Cook jumbo shells (I didn’t do this initially 🙁 so my shells were hard. I had to add water to the pan and baked again, then it was fine. Ha, it happens.
- Finely chop the cooked chicken and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Coarsely chop the broccoli and add to the mixing bowl with the chicken.
- Add jar of 15 oz. Alfredo sauce to the mixing bowl.
- Mix everything in the bowl thoroughly.
- Stuff pre-cooked jumbo shells with the mixture.
- Place stuffed shells in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
Voila, a simple easy meal is ready in less than one hour. Enjoy.